Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Q and A with KMF

The month of February I was not traveling. I had some time to see a lot of my friends and family. I also had some special visits with my students and the students of River Edge. Many people have been asking me questions about my travels and I thought I would take the time to try and answer them.
KMF

Q: How many continents have you been to in your life?
A: Thus far, I have been to 6 of the 7 continents. I haven't made it to Asia yet.

Q:What was the weather like in Antarctica?
A: Since it was the summer there (when it is our winter), it was in the 30's and very windy.
Also, I only went to the northern part of Antarctica. I can only tell you about the part I went to.

Q:Which country has been your favorite so far (of the last 6 months)?
A: Every country I've been to is special for one reason or another. It is hard to pinpoint which country is my favorite. But at this point, I would say Argentina. I truly enjoyed the beauty of Iguazu Falls and Perito Morneno Glacier. It was spectacular!

Q: Will you make it to all 7 continents during the year that you travel?
A: If all goes as planned, I will make it to 6. I've been to North America(California and Hawaii), South America(Peru, Argentina, Chile), Antarctica, Europe(Spain), Africa(I just booked my trip to a country that starts with M), and possibly Asia. I've already been to Australia, however, I won't be stopping there this time around.

Q: How many flights have you been on?
A: 14, including some flights within the country I was visiting.

Q:Did you plan all the trips you've been on?
A: No. I was able to plan all my trips except Argentina and Antarctica Cruise. I used the internet to find out about many of the programs I was interested in.

Q: Why didn't you spend the year in one country instead of flying all over the place?
A: There are so many amazing places in the world. To be able to travel for a whole year is a rare opportunity. I wanted to do and see as much as possible.

Q: Why are you home so much?
A: I know it must be confusing since I told everyone I was traveling for the year. However, the way I am planned it, I was able to come home for the holidays. When I am home, I always try to stop by Roosevelt. However, over the last six months(not including Feb.) I've only been home in RE for 5 and 1/2 weeks( 3 weeks in Nov. and 2 1/2 in Dec.).

Q: Does it cost a lot of money to travel?
A: Yes, it does. I have always been a saver and that is how I was able to afford this type of adventure.

Q: Are you done yet? ( A very popular question)
A: No, I am not! There are 5 months left and four more stops. I will conclude my travels in July. Then I will return to teaching in River Edge! :)

*If there are any other (related) questions, you can email my school account and I will try to add it to this section.